29 April 2015
By Mphathi Nxumalo
Durban – After years of waiting, 15 Durban families will receive a total of R9.7 million in compensation for the land they lost under the Group Areas Act.
At a function in Durban on Tuesday night the MEC for Agriculture and Rural Development, Cyril Xaba, said the process had taken a long time as the Land Claims Commission had investigated and verified every claim.
He said 15 237 claims had been settled in KwaZulu-Natal with R9 billion paid out for land restoration and financial compensation.
Read the full article from iolNews.